This position is within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office and is contingent upon contract award anticipated in March 2020. An active secret clearance is required. Multiple positions are available. This position is located in the D.C. Metropolitan Area.
With the growing risk of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), DHS has taken concerted effort to create the federal government infrastructure necessary to effectively counter chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high-yield explosives (CBRNE) threats. The CWMD Office aims to prevent attacks against the U.S. from WMD by providing response support to operational partners. As part of this effort, DHS recognizes the necessity of effective training, and as such, is staffing a Senior Course Designer position to accomplish its strategic CWMD goals.
The Senior Course Designer will support training program requirements through a variety of tasks such as developing training curriculums and evaluating training programs. Additionally, this position partners with academic entities to deliver CBRNE trainings and works to develop effective training materials.
CONSTANT is an award-winning, published, 8(a) certified homeland security consulting firm known for our innovative solutions in emergency management, health security, healthcare preparedness, and counterterrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors – from entertainment to Federal government. Based out of Los Angeles, CA, with satellite offices in San Francisco and Washington D.C., CONSTANT is strategically located, with influence that spans from West to East.
CONSTANT has over 15 years of experience in the consulting realm and has expanded over that time to employ a very talented, dedicated cadre of full and part-time employees and subcontractors. CONSTANT’s core service areas include planning, training, exercise, and outreach. Since the inception of our company, our core values have remained steadfast: integrity, team, service and quality.
At CONSTANT, we work as a unified team to provide superior service and high-quality work with integrity to support our ultimate mission of making this world a safer place.
- Support training program requirements including but not limited to develop curricula, prepare text and materials, construct tests and methods for measuring performance, advise and assist in the instructional systems design, leverage existing and emerging technologies, evaluate training programs for development, and to optimize efficiency.
- Develop courses aligned to national CBRN Primary and Secondary Screening training requirements and gaps.
- Develop course material in alignment with the multi-year CWMD Training Plan.
- Design WMD/CBRNE courses for delivery within CWMD, DHS and with other federal, state and local partners.
- Design courses for delivery across formats, such as classroom instructor led, mobile training teams, and online training.
- Design courses with realistic training environments and scenarios, to include providing WMD training surrogates, sources, simulators and signatures.
- Active secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with HSEEP.
- Strong communication and technical presentation skills, a teamwork mentality, and proficiency in Microsoft Office are required.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- Knowledge of CBRNE agents and their public health implications and experience in CBRNE planning, preparedness, detection, and response.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits based on experience.
Submit your interest and application here.