CONSTANT is hiring paid interns to provide support with homeland security projects and administrative tasks. This position will provide exposure to a variety of initiatives across health security, emergency management and counterterrorism. Because of the diverse and pioneering nature of CONSTANT’s projects, this position requires a multitude of specialties, to include writing, organizing material, and creative thinking.
CONSTANT is an award winning consulting firm known for our innovative solutions in homeland security. We have an enviable client base that spans private sector clients and all levels of government. We work in an open environment that encourages idea sharing. This isn’t just because it’s the right thing to do; it makes our staff better and that results in better products, which is just good business. And because we can sometimes spend long hours together in the trenches of a project, we’re proud to say we’ve built the camaraderie of shared experiences and humor. We currently employ 10 staff, with over 30 additional associates who provide a variety of expertise and support. More information about the company is available at www.constantassociates.com.
CONSTANT also loves to hire from within. You’ll learn the ropes from two former interns who are now full-time employees. If you fit, there is ample opportunity for this internship to develop into one of our full-time positions.
Project work will consist of 50% of job responsibilities, to include writing, logistics organization, site walks, and meeting support. The other 50% will include general office and administrative tasks. The position is paid a competitive hourly rate and requires approximately 10-20 hours per week (up to full-time).
- B.A. or B.S.
- Desirable: Masters degree
- Desirable: Prior experience in emergency management or a related field
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) are required, specifically advanced knowledge/experience with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with building document templates in Word and PowerPoint.
- Diplomacy and a positive attitude are essential. Must be a self-starter and work well with others.
- Must be reliable with your work schedule.
- Strong writing, formatting, note-taking and verbal communication skills are key.
- Must be well organized.
- Be smart. Be driven. Be able to think critically and clearly express your thoughts.
Position available immediately.
Send your resume and cover letter to us at [email protected] No telephone calls please.
We look forward to meeting you.