Now Hiring: Intern, Emergency Management & Homeland Security
CONSTANT is hiring paid interns to provide support with health security, emergency management and counterterrorism projects and administrative tasks. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of clients and project types. Because of the diverse and pioneering nature of CONSTANT’s projects, this position requires a multitude of specialties, to include writing, organizing material, event planning, critical analysis, and creative thinking.
CONSTANT is an award-winning consulting firm known for our innovative solutions in homeland security. We have an enviable client base that spans private sector clients and all levels of government. We work in an open environment that encourages idea sharing. This isn’t just because it’s the right thing to do; it makes our staff better and that results in better products, which is just good business. We’re proud to say we’ve built the camaraderie of shared experiences and humor. We currently employ 9 staff, with over 200 additional associates who provide a variety of expertise and support. More information about the company is available at https://constantassociates.com.
CONSTANT also loves to hire from within. You’ll learn the ropes from former interns who are now full-time employees. If you fit, there is ample opportunity for this internship to develop into one of our full-time positions.
Project work will consist of 50% of job responsibilities, to include writing, logistics organization, site walks, and meeting support. The other 50% will include general office and administrative tasks.
The position is paid a competitive hourly rate and requires approximately 10-20 hours per week (up to full-time).
- B.A. or B.S.
- Desirable: Masters degree
- Desirable: Prior experience in emergency management, homeland security, public health, healthcare, or a related field
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) are required, specifically advanced knowledge/experience with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with building document templates in Word and PowerPoint.
- Diplomacy and a positive attitude are essential. Must be a self-starter and work well with others.
- Must be reliable with your work schedule.
- Strong writing, formatting, note-taking and verbal communication skills are key.
- Must be well organized.
- Be smart. Be driven. Be able to think critically and clearly express your thoughts.
Position available immediately.
Send your resume and cover letter to Ashley Slight at [email protected]. No telephone calls please.
We look forward to meeting you.