This position provides operational, research and development and training support along with subject matter expert advice and decision support to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) at Ft. Belvoir in Fairfax County, Virginia.
CONSTANT is an award-winning, published boutique consulting firm known for our innovative solutions in emergency management, health security, healthcare preparedness, and counterterrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors – from entertainment to Federal government. Based out of Los Angeles with satellite offices in San Francisco and Washington D.C., CONSTANT is strategically located, with influence that spans from West to East.
CONSTANT has over 15 years of experience in the consulting realm and has expanded over that time to employ a very talented, dedicated cadre of full and part-time employees and subcontractors. CONSTANT’s core service areas include planning, training, exercise and outreach. Since the inception of our company our core values have remained steadfast: provide superior service, high-quality work, and ultimately support our clients with their mission to protect and preserve our great Nation.
- Reviewing current research in various and potentially diverse subject areas for familiarity and relevance.
- Becoming familiar with new experiments and resulting data that are relevant to the project and evaluating the overall quality of the presented results.
- Providing general knowledge and chemistry-related subject matter expertise to government agencies and first responders.
- Assisting in the development of program plans, timelines, and technical documents related to projects.
- Attending technical and programmatic meetings in which you coordinate responses from scientific community members and review the assembled materials for technical accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Candidate must possess a M.S. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemistry.
- 6+ years of related professional experience.
- Candidate should be able to perform detailed calculations to generate human effects for a variety of new chemicals.
- Candidate should be able to provide assistance with detection methods for identification of chemical warfare agents and other chemical threats in air, water, soil, or other matrices.
- Candidate would possess experience working with organizations within the Department of Defense as well as other government agencies.
- Strong communication skills, technical presentation, teamwork mentality, graphic visualization, and Microsoft Office proficiency skills are required.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- PhD. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemistry.
- Candidates with experience in Combating WMD threats or CBRN threats (primarily through modeling and simulation and/or test experience) in addition to a working knowledge of using ArcGIS tools in an operational environment are preferred.
- Candidates with experience in atmospheric chemistry are preferred.
- Current security clearance desired.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
A successful candidate will be team-oriented and possess strong multi-tasking abilities. The ideal candidate will use applied knowledge to develop, integrate, test, verify, validate, and apply CBRNE (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high explosive) software/scenarios based on results of experiments and predicted phenomena based on theoretical and computational methods.
He/she will work closely with other engineering groups to define the modeling objectives, obtain the required model inputs and outputs, and verify and validate results. Presentation of modeling results and decision support aid to both internal and external customers in the form of written reports and oral presentations are required. Finally, this position requires the ability to critically analyze the work of other engineers performing modeling projects. Shift work is required.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits based on experience and qualifications.
Send your resume and cover letter to us at [email protected]